Anything you can take a screen shot of can be marked up as a PDF. Here is a quick demo showing how to mark up corrections to titles (or captions) in a video. It uses the free Adobe Reader XI software.
Steps are written out below.
Steps to create a PDF from a screen shot
- Launch the video / program or whatever.
- Pause the playback at the right moment.
- Take a screen shot (see tips below).
- Create PDF by opening the screen shot in your preferred viewer or pasting it into a Word document, then selecting “Save as PDF” or “print to PDF.”
- Open the PDF in Adobe Reader XI. (Make sure it opens in the program, and not within a web browser window.)
Ways to take a screen shot
- [Mac] ⌘ + shift + 4 — drag crosshairs around selection to copy
- [Mac] ⌘ + shift + 4, release, then spacebar — click on window to copy whole thing
- [iPad, iPhone] home button + power button — saves screen image to photo album
- [PC] No idea. Google it.