Follow this link to instructions for subscribing to this podcast.
What is your strategy for getting a number on the table quickly? Leave your comments below, or join the discussion over on the Dameditors Facebook page.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Productivity Rates (Pace) in Editing
- Professional Editorial Standards (define types/stages of editing)
- Pricing a Project, by Melanie Thompson
- survey on pace of editing slides
- extended considerations educational editors address
- EFA pace and pay chart
In this series:
- The Art of the Upsell: using three-tier pricing to get happier clients and more income
- Stop Wasting Time On Estimates: How to give a ballpark estimate on the fly
- Track Your Pace to Estimate with Confidence
You might also be interested in the podcast on how to State Your Rate With Confidence. Part technique, part mind hack, and a bit of a laugh.
Extra considerations when editing educational material
Editors who develop school materials also adjust manuscripts to address these considerations:
- learning outcomes (defined by Ministry of Education)
- reading level of target user
- copy fitting (and fitting content to class time)
- Bloom’s taxonomy and deciphering ministry curriculum documents
- cognitive development theories
- multiple intelligences and differentiated instruction
- assessment models
- trends in educational theory
The image for this episode is by Alexandre Normand used under CC BY-2.0 license.