Hey kids, notice that the average hourly fee for proofreading is $63 for those with 5–14 years’ experience? It’s only $57 for those with over 14 years’ experience. Does that mean that our fresher counterparts are better at asserting their worth? Ok, let’s not call it worth, but are they better at asking for higher pay?
- 2900 respondents—ten times larger than EAC’s, which is not released publicly
- across industries from advertising to book publishing
- includes managers, designers and others on creative teams
- editing/ proofreading/ QA billed out at $105/hr, median
- copywriters or editors median salary $63,250 (which translates to roughly $31/hr)
Did you hear that?! One-hundred and five dollars an hour. Just put that on a sticky note and slap it on your computer monitor. Change your morning alarm message to say “$105/hr, you brilliant fool!!!”