Today’s post on four approaches to the myriad risks that editors face may includes the most cross references ever: 11. What would you add to the list of risks in my How To column at Copyediting.com? Leave a comment, or join the discussion over on Facebook or Twitter.
Mentioned in this post:
- Getting paid
- When there’s an error in the manuscript (aka always)
- Red flags that warn a project is perhaps best turned down
- Using checklists while editing
- Taking ongoing training (professional development)
- Getting paid might include a 50% deposit.
- When copy might result in libel or injure a reader
- Backing up files (see the June–July 2016 newsletter)
- Keeping notes and having a business executor
- Ways to lower the potential losses (to clients) because of critical illness or death
- The reality that their work won’t be perfect